July 27, 2016
Assistant Quality Manager
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year Technical Degree with at least 3 years of manufacturing work experience, or 10 years of experience in manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance
- JOB DESCRIPTION
- This position is Assistant Manager within ASI’s QA Department. This associate will be responsible for assisting the Head of the Department with development and implementation of the QA Department Business Plan, which includes, but not limited to, establishing business plan targets, implementing strategies to achieve targets, and providing countermeasures to areas that do not meet targets. This is a supervisory position that monitors daily activities in the overall function of the QA Department, including but not limited to, approving QA Department staff vacations & work schedules, performing mid-year and end-of-year performance evaluations, and performing associate improvement plans when necessary.
- BACKGROUND/ SKILLS
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and decision making background
- Strong supervisory and negotiation skills
- Proficient in managing several projects and managing QA Department budgets
- Proficient communication and follow-up skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Office experience required including Project, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong in presenting information to Top Management & Executive Management
- SPECIAL TRAINING/ CERTIFICATES
- To be determined by position as needed and ASI Associate Development Program
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to ASI’s Safety Policy and practices and report any potential unsafe condition or concern to the Safety department immediately and/or to your direct supervisor.
- Ensure proper safety practices are in place and enforced and assist with implementation of new safety practices.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and implement corrective action where needed.
- Define departmental business plan level activities and budgets with the Head of the Department
- Evaluate countermeasures proposed to correct negative trends
- Generate plans to continuously monitor countermeasures to past problems and assign as needed
- Be able to supervise and hold accountable all department associates
- Perform additional projects as assigned by department head and support all shifts as required
- Follow all company policies and regulations per the associate handbook or other written standards that apply to his / her job assignment
- Support departmental 6S activities