AMERICAN SHOWA’S ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are dedicated to the promotion of positive environmental protection activities. We work together to prevent pollution, comply with all laws and continually improve our environmental practices.
The management and associates of American Showa, Inc. are committed to the prevention of pollution, reducing waste and the consumption of resources (materials, fuel and energy). We strive to recover, recycle, reuse, reclaim and treat as opposed to disposal where feasible. It is our policy to meet or exceed the requirements of applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations, and of other environmental requirements to which American Showa, Inc. subscribes.
Our Environmental Management System incorporates, but is not limited to the following:
- Objectives and Targets: Environmental objectives and targets are reviewed, adjusted and/or affirmed by top management on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Regulatory Updates: ASI remains abreast of changes to applicable environmental regulations by regularly reviewing the Federal Register, attending seminars, monitoring World Wide Web pages maintained by regulating agencies, and by contracting update services from service providers.
- Written Operational Procedures: ASI develops and implements written operational procedures for work processes which have the potential to cause significant environmental impact.
- Training: ASI provides both general and specific training to its Associates on environmental protection procedures, hazardous material handling, waste disposal and recycling.
- Auditing: Environmental audits are conducted on designated equipment, environmental programs, and environmental procedures on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Process Reviews: New processes that are introduced to ASI are reviewed for environmental impact prior to implementation.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAMS AT ASI
AMERICAN SHOWA SUNBURY LOCATION IS REGISTERED BY EAGLE REGISTRATIONS, INC. TO ISO14001:2004