OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are dedicated to the promotion of positive environmental protection activities. We work together to prevent pollution, comply with all laws and continually improve our environmental practices.
The management and associates of Hitachi Astemo Ohio Manufacturing, Inc. are committed to the prevention of pollution, reducing waste and the consumption of resources (materials, fuel and energy). We strive to recover, recycle, reuse, reclaim and treat as opposed to disposal where feasible. It is our policy to meet or exceed the requirements of applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations, and of other environmental requirements to which American Showa, Inc. subscribes.
Our Environmental Management System incorporates, but is not limited to the following:
- Objectives and Targets: Environmental objectives and targets are reviewed, adjusted and/or affirmed by top management on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Regulatory Updates: Wer emain abreast of changes to applicable environmental regulations by regularly reviewing the Federal Register, attending seminars, monitoring World Wide Web pages maintained by regulating agencies, and by contracting update services from service providers.
- Written Operational Procedures: We develop and implement written operational procedures for work processes which have the potential to cause significant environmental impact.
- Training: We provide both general and specific training to our Associates on environmental protection procedures, hazardous material handling, waste disposal and recycling.
- Auditing: Environmental audits are conducted on designated equipment, environmental programs, and environmental procedures on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Process Reviews: New processes that are introduced to our sites are reviewed for environmental impact prior to implementation.
Hitachi Astemo Ohio Manufacturing, Inc. takes pride in the 3Rs and the amount of waste we “Reuse, Reduce & Recycle.”
Along with the recycling of metals, steel, copper, plastic & cardboard, we cut paper waste as well!
2019 Environmental Report
AMERICAN SHOWA SUNBURY LOCATION IS REGISTERED BY EAGLE REGISTRATIONS, INC. TO ISO14001:2015
AMERICAN SHOWA BLANCHESTER LOCATION IS REGISTERED BY LLOYD’S REGISTER TO ISO14001:2015